Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Aquaman


As a thank you to a friend for a really generous act, I came up with a colored sketch of his favorite character. I knew I had a limited time to get this done, so I took it straight from my really, really rough thumbnails straight to Illustrator. I then did all my adjustments and tweaks in the computer, instead of flushing out more "finished" sketches by hand.

I thought it would be nice to show the thumbnails next to the finished piece. To see more of Aquaman visit the Aquaman Shrine here, and to see what spurred this sketch visit here.

3 comments:

rob! said...

awwwwwwwesome!!

Bubbashelby said...

That is such a cool Aquaman illo - and it reminds me - I can't wait to get the DCUC Aquaman action figure!

chunky B said...

I kinda like it, it was a quick one though. I just realized I really need to drop some of my doodles and sketches up on the old sketch blog!